Sunday, December 5, 2021

Blackett’s Ridge for the Umteenth Time

The second hike of the season came with a little trepidation: I twisted my ankle the day before on a similarly steep and grueling hike so was a little wary about exacerbating the sprain and the pain. I actually think the hike helped the situation by keeping everything limber. 
This was a group hike with the Baja Arizona Hikers. The leader is a stickler about punctuality and I arrived about ten minutes late as I took a wrong turn. They waited for five minutes and I arrived five minutes after they left. They’re mostly strong hikers so I had to hoof it if I was to catch them before the summit. This is a short hike, 6 miles round trip, but the ascent is almost 2,000 feet of elevation gain over two miles. It is rated as a hard hike because of that. 

I caught the laggards about 20 minutes from the terminus, and the rest of the group was already enjoying the views when I arrived. Great hike on a very crowded trail. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugh Norris to Wasson Peak

After Saturday's epic twenty mile hiking event, I needed something a little shorter to end my season. Having already established a tradi...