Thursday, December 16, 2021

Wasson Peak Via the Sweetwater Trail

Misty, from Tucson, and Danny & Jack from Quebec.
Been working my way up to this hike for two weeks now, since I twisted my ankle coming down Pontatoc Ridge. The previous couple of hikes, with the exception of the Phoneline Trail portion of Sabino-Phoneline, featured fairly flat and boulder free footbeds, giving the sprain a chance to heal. The ankle felt pretty danged good today and good thing, too, as this is a hard, nine-mile out-and-back, with substantial elevation gain and lots of rocks and boulders. 

I also got to hike with my pals Misty and Jack, and Jack's friend Danny. All strong hikers, we did this in under 3 ½ hours. Beautiful weather, chilly at the start, but warming up to the high sixties by the end. 



This hike is actually in the Saguaro National Park West, and these big boys figured prominently throughout the day.




Some pretty stunning 360º views from the top. And windy and chilly.


The obligatory panorama from the peak.





















Additional Photos by Jack Simard










No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugh Norris to Wasson Peak

After Saturday's epic twenty mile hiking event, I needed something a little shorter to end my season. Having already established a tradi...