Thursday, January 25, 2024

Picacho Peak 24

After four straight days of rain (not complaining in front of the locals), we finally made it back out for a hike. And what better way to get the heart pumping than driving up the I-10 to Picacho Peak State Park and putting all your muscles (and your lungs) to work. This short hike has over 2,000 feet of gain in 1.6 miles, (much of it with cable assists as it's too steep and perilous (unless you are an experienced free soloist).

I last hiked this trail in December of 2021.

Joining me today was my friend Jack, and my friend and hiking partner, Misty.

Overcast and 53º at the start, a few degrees warmer at the end when the sun peeked out. I always recommend this unique hiking trail if you have a couple-four hours to spend.



Stock photo stolen from the interwebs.


From a previous trip as this sign disappeared from the saddle, about halfway up. I told you so M. ;-)


Misty.














Photo by unsuspecting Chicagoan down visiting his snowbird parents in Phoenix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugh Norris to Wasson Peak

After Saturday's epic twenty mile hiking event, I needed something a little shorter to end my season. Having already established a tradi...