Friday, December 9, 2022

Back in the Saddle Again

I can neither confirm nor deny I chose this particular hike for my first of the season because of its rather obvious metaphor and pun. In any event, with 2,500 feet of elevation gain mostly stuffed into the last two miles, it might not be the best hike to get my flatlander lungs acclimated. However, with my first serious hike coming up in two days, I owe it to my hiking pal Misty to at least try getting in decent hiking shape–as I know she certainly is.

I last hiked the Finger Rock Trail last January, also with Misty. That time we summited Mt. Kimball. This was my third hike up to Linda Vista saddle, the first being in 2018 when I joined the Oro Valley hiking group for a wet treacherous outing, and the second in 2019 with Tucson Hiking Meetup Group. 

Pretty slow pace, but it is my first hike of the season, and it is practically vertical.



De rigueur panorama pic from the midway point.


View from the saddle of the toxic Tucson sprawl.



Looking north from the saddle to where the trail ascends the canyon to meet up with the Pima Canyon Trail, which will take you the two miles up to Mt. Kimball.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugh Norris to Wasson Peak

After Saturday's epic twenty mile hiking event, I needed something a little shorter to end my season. Having already established a tradi...