Saturday, February 14, 2015

Cochise Stronghold

Hiked the beautiful Cochise Stronghold Trail yesterday with the Mule Team, a short six-mile hike through some serious orogeny. Here’s some commentary I had with my Facebook pal, Steve:

Steve: This is not the famous 'Laramie Orogeny,' of course, which is one of my favorites. On account of the sound of the words. Say them out loud. I don't know about you, but I get an undefined but real pleasure out of it. All right, maybe that's abnormal. I don't care.
Me: Well, how do you feel about subduction?
Steve: Never experienced it firsthand, but I understand it's absolutely tectonic.
Me: It is rather up-lifting. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugh Norris to Wasson Peak

After Saturday's epic twenty mile hiking event, I needed something a little shorter to end my season. Having already established a tradi...