Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Grand Canyon or Bust Part 4: Silver Peak

Ira and I climbed another mountain today, Silver Peak, near Portal, AZ, in preparation for the Grand Canyon. I’m pretty sure this one, and Miller Peak on Saturday last, are more challenging than anything the GC has in store for us. 8.8 miles, 2.8 mph, and over 3,000 feet of elevation gain. I practically ran down the mountain as it was just easier it is so steep in parts. I. Will. Ache. Tomorrow. Friday: Mt. Wrightson in the Santa Rita Mountains south of Tucson. Another 9,400+ peak like Miller Peak, but with 4,000 feet of elevation gain. Can’t wait.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugh Norris to Wasson Peak

After Saturday's epic twenty mile hiking event, I needed something a little shorter to end my season. Having already established a tradi...