Thursday, December 15, 2016

Zacatecas Grail (Part 3)

Third time wasn't a charm on my hike today, trying to find the route back through Zacatecas Canyon. However, as the Chinese say, 『塞翁失马』“Who's to say it's bad luck.” I did discover another trail back, one that avoids the Canyon in favor of the Shrine Hill trail. Overall an easy 4.5 miles and only 1,000 feet of elevation gain. But some great views. And great 75º weather.

I hate to admit it, but this tree probably looks better dead than alive.
Made this selfie by placing my phone in a tree. What a dork.

I played with the color and light to try and capture what I was actually seeing.
Looking east (the Mule Mountains).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugh Norris to Wasson Peak

After Saturday's epic twenty mile hiking event, I needed something a little shorter to end my season. Having already established a tradi...