Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Finding the Mural Hill Approach to Zacatecas Canyon (1)

I was thrice unsuccessful finding the Zacatecas Canyon to Mural Hill connection, with three trails that petered out, one resulting in the bushwhack ravaging of my legs and arms. This time, I decided to try a different approach, from the east or Mural Hill side. The hour being rather late, I had to turn around, but I did see a few trails that might be candidates on future hikes. One is an old overgrown mining road. That is what I followed today.
Mural Hill in the distance.

Mural Hill, center, behind the cholla.

The path I hope to take next time out.


Today's final destination.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugh Norris to Wasson Peak

After Saturday's epic twenty mile hiking event, I needed something a little shorter to end my season. Having already established a tradi...