Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Ridge Trail to Juniper Flats Road

Penultimate hike of the season, in this hiking paradise. After the Seven Falls Trail in Tucson on Friday, I'll be trading in my hiking poles for my bicycle and the rolling hills of Iowa. Today's hike had it all: a view of the century-old scar known as the pit, and Bisbee's raison d'être; the grassy ridge with views in four directions; the oxymoronic climb up and down Juniper Flats Road; and the road down from the geographically misplaced Divide. 75 degrees and blue skies; 6.6 miles, 1,500 feet of elevation gain, and 3.3 mph. Great day.

Newly bloomed Manzanita.



A glimpse of Bisbee from Juniper Flats Road.

Mexico, never far away, in the background.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugh Norris to Wasson Peak

After Saturday's epic twenty mile hiking event, I needed something a little shorter to end my season. Having already established a tradi...