Friday, February 25, 2022

Blackett's Ridge in Two

I chose this short yet difficult hike as my last of the season for two reasons: it's relatively close by and would fit in my three-hour window; and I wanted to beat my old time of 2:15 which I could have done the last outing here but for my trip and fall and the loss of my phone that forced me to hike back up to the summit in vain to look for it. I really wanted to get my time down to about two hours, but that might be considered folly by many of my hiker pals.

As I did on the previous hike, I made it to the summit in a little over  
an hour, boding well for  beating my previous time. However, the
hike down is slow going, made more so today by the large number
of other primates climbing up whom a descender has to wait for.






Not bad, but not quite two hours. damn those twelve seconds.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugh Norris to Wasson Peak

After Saturday's epic twenty mile hiking event, I needed something a little shorter to end my season. Having already established a tradi...