Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Zacatecas Canyon to Juniper Flats Road

As it turns out, my previous hike, on Sunday, wasn't my last hike for the season after all but my penultimate hike. My good friend and hiking pal, Ira, wanted to take one last hike with me before we departed for the climatically changed Iowa. We decided to hike up Zacatecas Canyon to its end, turned west up to the Ridge which we followed to Juniper Flats Road, down to Mule Pass, and back Tombstone Canyon for lunch. Quick and easy 8.5 miles with only 1,400 feet of elevation gain. Overcast, but temps in the high sixties.
High Desert Market and Café where we had lunch. Great little Bisbee gathering spot.

Bisbee and the copper pit mine.




Bisbee from Juniper Flats Road.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hugh Norris to Wasson Peak

After Saturday's epic twenty mile hiking event, I needed something a little shorter to end my season. Having already established a tradi...